About our Challenge Exams
You have been working in the field & can study codes and standards independently? No time to take the training? Live outside the Lower Mainland? Maybe a Challenge Exam is right for you.
ASTTBC offers Challenge Exams for each of the 9 endorsements.
Our exams are $175 plus GST and are OPEN BOOK based on the applicable NFPA/CSA Code Books pertaining to that endorsment.
You are given three hours to complete the exam and 80% is the passing mark.
Exams are written every other Thursday at the ASTTBC office -Schedule –> EXAM SCHEDULE
ADDITIONAL EXAM DAYS:
Saturdays (9 am – noon only)
July 14, 28
August 11, 18, 25
If you live outside the Lower Mainland we can arrange for you to write it at a location near you.
Need resources to study for the electrical exam? You can purchase these books from the BC Government for $27.92 plus shipping (10 business days)
Trades Access Common Core: Line E: Electrical Fundamentals
When you have completed these Learning Tasks, you should be able describe the following:
- describe the composition of matter and the structure of the atom
- describe the principles of electricity and the theory of current fl ow
- describe basic types of electrical circuits and their characteristics
- describe electromagnetism
- describe the components of a circuit
- identify common electrical components
- describe solid state devices
- identify wiring connectors
- describe the composition of simple wiring diagrams
- define the terms used and explain the principles of soldering
- describe the methods for making properly soldered connections
- maintain soldering equipment
- use wireless connectors
- describe the proper handling, use, and storage of electric meters
- describe the procedures for connecting meters to measure voltage, current, and resistance
- describe how to use meters to analyze electric circuits
$27.92 plus shipping