About our Challenge Exams
Have you been working in the field & can study codes and standards independently? No time to take the training? Live outside the Lower Mainland? Maybe a Challenge Exam is right for you.
ASTTBC offers Challenge Exams for each of the 9 endorsements.
Our exams are $175 plus GST and are OPEN BOOK based on the applicable NFPA/ULC/CSA Code Books pertaining to that endorsement.
You are given three hours to complete the exam and 80% is the passing mark.
ASTTBC is offering ONLINE invigilation services. Please contact Erin Macedo for more information – email@example.com
Other acceptable proctoring options are places such as libraries or a college/university student center. You will need to make proctoring arrangements and give them to us when you pay for the exam. We will send the exam to the proctor. Proctor fees are borne unto the student. Services may not be offered during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Need resources to study for the electrical exam? Free Access here: https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?subject=Common%20Core.
Trades Access Common Core: Line E: Electrical Fundamentals
When you have completed these Learning Tasks, you should be able describe the following:
- describe the composition of matter and the structure of the atom
- describe the principles of electricity and the theory of current fl ow
- describe basic types of electrical circuits and their characteristics
- describe electromagnetism
- describe the components of a circuit
- identify common electrical components
- describe solid state devices
- identify wiring connectors
- describe the composition of simple wiring diagrams
- define the terms used and explain the principles of soldering
- describe the methods for making properly soldered connections
- maintain soldering equipment
- use wireless connectors
- describe the proper handling, use, and storage of electric meters
- describe the procedures for connecting meters to measure voltage, current, and resistance
- describe how to use meters to analyze electric circuits
Free Access here: https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?subject=Common%20Core.